Head of UX
We build and share incredible immersive experiences that activate peoples’ minds, bodies, imaginations and hearts.
Our flagship product, Supernatural, is a complete fitness service for Oculus Quest that is designed with the sole purpose of giving people the time of their lives working out, so that taking on a healthy lifestyle is easy and full of joy. Supernatural puts you face-to-face with expert coaches that root for you, immerses you in the most beautiful destinations on the planet, and fuels you with workouts choreographed to the best music available.
In September 2020, Supernatural received Fast Company’s prestigious ‘Best App or Game’ Design Award in 2020.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve also created and distributed some of the world’s highest-end VR/AR experiences through the ‘Within’ VR app (available on Oculus, Steam, PSVue, iOS and Android), the AR children’s reading app ‘Wonderscope’ (available on iOS), and through location-based VR experiences in collaboration with artists such as Pharrell and OKGO.
Head of UX:
The Within Design Group (WDG) is a highly specialized team of artists and designers working cross-platform on all of Within’s products, projects and R&D initiatives. We are a creatively driven group that is focused on high-end visual production and user experiences across multiple mediums and technologies. Collaborating closely with the product, engineering and leadership teams, we share a passion for creating groundbreaking experiences in virtual and augmented reality.
The WDG is seeking a motivated and adventurous Head of UX to join our group! The Head of UX should have a passion for creating best-in-class interfaces, systems and experiences that are truly awe-inspiring.
The ideal candidate will be expected to be a leader at Within, and will use their experience in UX/UI, Product Design, Interaction Design and Visual Design to brainstorm big ideas and help bring those ideas to life as holistic features and products.
What You’ll Do:
As Head of UX, you will be responsible for the design and development of products that realize the Within mission. More specifically, you will be leading design, research, prototyping and feature implementation across Within’s VR & AR products and experiences.
You’ll be empowered to lead and act boldly and independently as you help to create our product vision. If you share our belief that VR & AR will be a major part of the future, and you think you can help us create that future, we’d love to meet you!
- Manage all aspects of UX and product design activities, starting at the beginning stages of concept design and into prototyping and execution.
- Create and own wireframes, interactions, prototypes and UI for various features and products.
- Define new interfaces and systems for VR/AR products while collaborating closely with the design and product teams.
- Autonomously influence a cross-functional team of creative and technical collaborators to execute on complex products and features.
- Design end-to-end flows, UX and visuals and contribute to the product and feature set.
- Conduct ongoing user and competitive analysis to understand landscape, positioning, and feature set.
- Partner with designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support.
- Synthesize expansive and ambiguous business requirements and accomplish them through design.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product and Leadership teams.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders.
- Help build Within’s UX and product design strategy.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to manage and lead in cross-functional environments.
- 5+ years of UX design and product experience.
- Ability to think and communicate at a high-level about product strategy and vision.
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas.
- A strong portfolio of visual, interaction and product work.
- Knowledge of various methods for user research.
- Experience working closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams.
Bonus points for:
- Unity experience
- VR/AR Prototyping experience