Supernatural Coach (Contract)
About Supernatural: Supernatural is an immersive, virtual reality fitness service for Oculus Quest that combines the best music, coaches, destinations, and movements into an incredible home workout.
What is a Supernatural Workout?
Members work out in Supernatural while wearing an Oculus Quest headset. The workouts take place in virtual destinations from around the world, consist of movements choreographed to top music, and are coached with video intros and outros and voice over guidance during the workout itself. A new 15-30 minute workout is released every day.
Each Supernatural workout uses 2 coach components:
- Video: 1 short (~90-second) intro and 1 short (~90-second) outro captured on video where the coach introduces themselves and the workout, and leads the member through a warm up stretch and cool down. Video is recorded in our studio in Culver City.
- Voice-Over: Vocal coaching cues that members hear overtop of the music during their workout. The coach’s audio-guidance aims to give training + technique cues for movements, add motivation and inspiration, and make the overall experience feel personal and fun. VO is recorded in the coach’s home via a remote sound-recording kit, dropped off by a producer.
An ideal coach will:
- Have 2+ years on-camera experience and a natural ability to present with confidence, expertise, and inspiring motivation
- Have experience coaching group and 1-on-1 fitness classes
- Provide functional technique audio cues that are clear enough for someone brand-new to fitness to understand
- Be able to connect with music and coach based on the “vibe” of what’s happening in the song
- Speak authentically and honestly to motivate, encourage, and inspire members throughout their workout
- Feel confident letting their unique personality shine through their coaching
- Have a dynamic voice that can communicate energy and emotion
Please provide the following when applying for this position:
- A reel of on-camera instruction and/or presentation - please include the link to the cloud file or website/portfolio in your cover letter when submitting your application
- A cover letter explaining why you’d be an excellent fit for Supernatural
- A resume of your coaching and fitness background
See Supernatural in Action: