Senior Software Engineer (Systems)
Within, an innovator in developing experiences for XR, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our small team of world-class engineers. This engineer is responsible for the ongoing development and live support of Supernatural, the innovative and ambitious home fitness solution for the Oculus Quest.
The impact you’ll make:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a force-multiplier working across a wide spectrum of VR client-side work adding to and improving the application, including substantial integration with backend services, optimizing for mobile VR hardware, and continuous integration and testing.
Along with deep and broad software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for mentoring teammates and reviewing each others’ code to constantly raise the bar.
What you’ll do:
- First and foremost, help us deliver innovative solutions to drive the advancement of our live products at scale
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high performance code on time and to spec, while reviewing and maintaining high quality across the team
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentor team members as appropriate
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years working in an engineering environment relevant to the listed responsibilities
- A proven track record of working on a live product operating successfully at scale
- Professional Unity or Unreal development experience and expertise with C++/C#
- Understanding of 3D applications and asset management
- Low-level systems, multithreading, and asynchronous networking experience
- Understanding of the Android ecosystem, profiling and debugging of Android apps
Bonus points for:
- Familiar with the modern .NET ecosystem outside of Unity