Within is seeking a Engineering Lead to join our small team of world-class engineers. This role carries responsibility for the ongoing development and live support of a complex, interactive, real-time rendered product for Oculus Quest.
What you’ll do:
You will lead a group of engineers engaged across a spectrum of client-side work including substantial integration with backend services, optimizing for mobile hardware and continuous integration including build server configuration and unit testing. In short, you will own many important constituent pieces of a large ecosystem.
In addition to deep and broad software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for architecting high-quality solutions that operate with high reliability at scale, and the ability to work non-technical statements of intent into actionable technical plans. We can promise you’ll never be bored!
The impact you’ll make:
- Leading multiple workstreams in service of a large-scale, interactive, real-time rendered experience on Quest
- Driving pragmatic software design and implementation plans based on company vision, firm timelines, and a need for high quality and reliability
- Evaluating code performance and quality, coaching and mentoring team members
- As part of the Within engineering leadership team, identifying opportunities and risks, sharing best practices and implementing effective development processes
- Formulating staffing plans and helping to recruit more world-class talent to the team
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree is preferred
- 6 or more years working in an engineering domain relevant to the listed responsibilities, including 2 years experience leading engineering teams
- Comfortable mixing hands-on technical work with technical leadership of a high-caliber, agile team
- A proven track record of having launched and live-supported product that has operated successfully at scale
- Professional Unity development experience and expertise with C#
- Strong working knowledge of Android
- Solid understanding of mobile hardware and how to optimize for performance