Senior Software Engineer
Within is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our small team of world-class engineers.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be a force multiplier on a team responsible for delivering high quality client-side interactive VR experiences to Within customers. The work includes user-facing technology development in Unity, content creation tools, an evolving mix of interactive project work, pipeline development, and mobile services SDK integration.
Along with deep and broad software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for mentoring teammates and for reviewing others’ code to help constantly raise the bar.
The impact you’ll make:
- First and foremost, help us to deliver innovative VR experiences on a well-defined range of target platforms at scale
- Smart, efficient problem solving for existing product and speculative design plans
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving hardware base
- Deliver stable, high performance code on time and to spec, reviewing and maintaining code quality across the team
- Actively participating in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentoring team members as appropriate
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years working in an engineering domain relevant to the listed responsibilities
- Professional Unity or Unreal development experience and expertise with C/C++/C#
- A proven track record of working on a shipped product operating successfully at scale
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of the Android ecosystem, profiling and native debugging of Android apps
- Experience extending Unity’s runtime functionality via plugins