Senior Product Designer
We are looking for a Senior UX/Product Designer to join the Within Design Group! Our group is a fast moving team, comprised of visual & interaction designers, UX designers and prototypers. The right candidate will be a leader, builder, communicator and collaborator who is passionate about creating industry leading VR & AR products and experiences.
You will be expected to use your expertise in product design, UX/UI, interaction design, and visual design to envision how people will experience our products and help bring that vision to life in ways that are awe-inspiring and magical.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for the design and development of products that realize the Within mission. More specifically, you will be leading design, research, prototyping and feature implementation across Within’s VR & AR products and experiences.
You’ll be empowered to lead and act boldly and independently as you help to create our product vision. If you share our belief that VR & AR will be a major part of the future, and you think you can help us create that future, we’d love to meet you!
The impact you'll make:
- Manage all aspects of product design activities, starting at the beginning stages of concept design and user experience, into prototyping and execution.
- Define new interfaces and systems for VR & AR products while collaborating closely with the design and product teams.
- Autonomously influence a cross-functional team of creative and technical collaborators to execute on complex products and features.
- Design end-to-end flows, UX and visuals and contribute to the product and feature set.
- Conduct ongoing user and competitive analysis to understand landscape, positioning, and feature set.
- Partner with designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support.
- Synthesize expansive and ambiguous business requirements and accomplish them through design.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product and Leadership teams.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders.
- Help build Within’s product design strategy.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to manage and lead in cross-functional environments.
- 5+ years of design and product experience.
- Ability to think and communicate at a high-level about product strategy and vision.
- A portfolio of visual, interaction and product work.
- Knowledge of various methods for user research.
- Experience working closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams.
Bonus points for:
- Unity experience
- VR/AR Prototyping experience